Sunday 15 April 2012

So it turns out holidays full of revision don't have many photo opportunities...

Well the title says it all, zero photo opportunities. So I'm just randomly scribbling. 


 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY Gotye - Somebody that I used to know.


I have listened to this song a slightly ridiculous number of times in the last couple of days. Now I'm not usually one to write about my emotions on a public post, if you know me then I'm pretty much an open book anyway (as someone once put it, I don't so much wear my heart on my sleeve but on a big sign above my head), so what's the point. But I completely get the sentiment portrayed in this song (or what I think is the sentiment anyway).
When you're in a relationship you are completely wrapped into each other's lives, then it ends and you can become complete strangers. So many people say "we'll still be friends," but really you become at best acquaintances and at worst strangers. And I think that's really sad, just because you realised that you can't spend the rest of your life married to that person doesn't mean that you don't care about them and what happens to them. It's sad, you lose a friend as well.


So there, some of my thoughts. Anyone agree?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely, the person just becomes a memory. I love the message in that song, too. But I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad thing, do you miss the person for who they were, or who they were to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't worked it out yet. I think it's both. For me atm there are times when I miss the relationship and then there are times when I just think, you would find this really interesting, but do I talk to you...

    ReplyDelete