Friday 6 April 2012

Good Friday

"Just as I am, without one plea,
But that thy blood was shed for me" 
Charlotte Elliott, 1835
 Another words post I'm afraid, and my brain has already gone to sleep, so forgive me if I'm very disjointed/don't make much sense.
Good Friday. A man named Jesus Christ was crucified. A man, who was innocent. A man, who was also God.
For all eternity there had been perfect love between God the Father and God the Son, yet on this day Jesus Christ, the son of God, was stripped, beaten and hung on a cross to die. At this point he was abandoned by everyone, including his heavenly Father. He took this punishment to bear the wrath of God, as an innocent man, so that we, sinful men wouldn't have to. So that if we believe in Him, none of the selfishness, lust, greed, anger, wrongdoing...or anything else will ever count against us. I can come to God Just as I am, and He will not judge me according to my deeds, but according to Christ's perfect sinlessness.
When thinking about this this evening, all I could say was "wow."


Credit to Minmin Toh for the photo of ICCU 2011, and Paul the Apostle for the Quote.


No comments:

Post a Comment