Tuesday 20 November 2012

#synod

I'm not going to write about what I would have voted or why or what I think of the result, though you can probably guess if you know me, but my title is #synod because I've spent the last hour or so reading responses on Twitter and it makes me want to cry at the state of our church. So much bitterness and hate. Where is the care for the conscience of your brothers (eg Romans 14). Where is the respect for people who are trying to submit to what they read in the Bible? Where is any show of unity? Where is any sign of the radical love that we should have for each other, the love that Jesus showed by dying on the cross for all of us...every single one of us, pro or anti women bishops or any other issue other than that of HIS SALVATION?

Anyone else feeling like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment